All courses must provide a Master Course Outline (MCO)
- An approved Master Course Outline for a given course becomes a shared template used college-wide by all instructors who will teach that course, regardless of the delivery mode.
- Although using an approved MCO means that the course title, goals, and learning outcomes will be identical for all offerings of a given course, the assignments, textbooks, and presentation of content may vary according to the instructor’s preference.
- These variations are documented in instructor’s syllabi, which reflect the academic freedom accorded to individual instructors’ offerings of a course.
- New Master Course Outline Update Forms must be submitted to document any changes to previously approved MCO content.
- A change in delivery mode only may not require a new MCO.
For details, see: RCW28B.50.090(7)(a), WAC131-16-080, and NWCCU 2.C.1 and 2.C.2.
*for help text, use Adobe Reader when filling out the form.