Bates Technical College is committed to creating a healthy and safe working environment for its employees. The college demonstrates this commitment, in part, through the work of the Safety Committee. The committee meets monthly to discuss potential health and safety issues, recommend improvements to policies and procedures and to increase safety awareness on campus.
The functions of the committee are to:
- Conduct monthly meetings to discuss accident prevention, accident reviews, safety promotion, items of note from individual departmental safety meetings, and other pertinent subjects.
- Develop/update written safety policies and procedures to meet current organizational and regulatory requirements.
- Identify safety issues across campus and offer recommendations for improvement.
- Provide feedback to staff regarding the status of programs and workplace recommendations.
- Heighten safety awareness across campus.
If you have questions about the safety committee or their work, please contact any one of the committee members.Joe Lyon
- Ken Lee
- Alex Kenesson
- Dee Nelons
- Ray Richardson
- Juliette Kern
- Dave Leenhouts
- Jeanene Pedee
- Dawn Sciglibaglio
- Kelli Rice
- Roland Robinson
- Joe Brewer
- Ken Witkoe
- Dan Smith
- Kelli Rice