There are several types of financial aid for which you may qualify:
- Federal PELL Grant
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- State Need Grant
- Work Study
- Federal Direct Stafford Loans
Helpful Handouts 2017-2018
Helpful Handouts 2018-2019
- How to Apply for Financial Aid (PDF)
- Accessing the Financial Aid Portal online (PDF)
- Early withdrawal from program information (PDF)
Three easy steps to apply for your FAFSA
You may apply for financial aid in three simple steps:
- Create a FSA ID at www.studentaid.ed.gov.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA). Have your tax return handy to answer the income questions.
- Complete other materials as requested by the Financial Aid Office.
Financial Aid quarterly processing deadlines:
Application Deadlines 2018-2019
- Winter: October 15, 2018
- Spring: January 14, 2019
- Summer: April 15, 2019
Loans and Work Study
If you want to be considered for loans or work study aid, you will need to complete additional applications. In most cases, loans are optional. However, if you are not eligible for grants, then a loan request is required to complete your application.
You can get a loan application from the financial aid office. Additionally, you must complete additional processes online at www.studentloans.gov.
If you wish to be considered for work study, you must fill out an initial workstudy application, available from the financial aid office.
Where can I go for help in completing my financial aid application?
For help with the FAFSA, contact EOC at 253.680.7153 or at BatesTech.edu/eoc
After I complete the FAFSA application, what is my next step?
Financial aid will send you an email outlining all initial steps in your financial aid application. Applications are not reviewed until your file is complete and all forms have been submitted. To be considered for priority funding, applications should be completed by quarterly deadlines listed above.
Once your application has been processed, you will be emailed an award letter outlining the aid that you have been awarded.