The mission of Campus Public Safety is to provide a safe environment for the college community and visitors.
Campus Public Safety is a service-oriented department which strives to accomplish this mission through visibility, education, and promoting personal responsibility.
In an on-campus emergency, call 253.680.7111.
To contact any Campus Public Safety officer using a campus phone, you can dial x7111. From an off-campus phone, dial 253.680.7111.
If you are in need of immediate medical, fire or police assistance, call 911 (9-911 from any on-campus phone). Be sure to contact us so we can assist the emergency responders who arrive on campus.
Campus Public Safety officers work to provide a safe environment for the college community and visitors. Below are just some of the services we offer.
- Campus Patrol
- Parking/Traffic Enforcement
- Issue Parking Permits
- Resolve Conflict
- Emergency Response
- Accident Investigation
- Lost and Found Management
- Safety Training
- Compliance and Security Reporting
- Courtesy Services
- Washington Suicide and Crisis Hotlines
- Crystal Judson Family Justice Center: 253.798.4166 or 1.800.764.2420
- YWCA Women’s Support Shelter Hotline: 253.383.2593
- Sexual Assault Center of Pierce County: 253.474.RAPE (7273) or 1.800.756.7273
- Washington Crisis line: 888.445.8125 (statewide); 800.576.7764 (Pierce County)
- VA Hotline: 877.414.3838
- GLBT National Help Center: 888.843.4564
Annual Disclosure of Crime Statistics
Campus crime, arrest and referral statistics include those reported to Campus Public Safety. In accordance with applicable state and federal regulations, the college publishes and distributes crime statistics to all current students, faculty and staff on an annual basis. The crime statistics are also available upon request to all applicants for enrollment or employment.
Please click on the links below for individual campus statistics:
Copies of the report may be obtained from the Campus Public Safety Sergeant, Room C201, 1101 S. Yakima Ave. Call 253.680.7111 or email Campus Public Safety Sgt. for more information.
The 2017 Annual Security and Fire Report (Published July 2018) may be accessed here: Annual Security and Fire Report
Helpful Links & Resources
- College Inclement Weather and Emergency Information
- Bates Emergency Alert System
- American Red Cross-Mount Rainier Chapter
- Washington State Emergency Management
- Pierce County Department of Emergency Management
- Pierce County Alert
- Pierce Transit Trip Planner
- Clery Act Statistics
- Daily Crime Log
- Daily Fire Log
- Title IX and Clery intersections
- Guidelines for Free Speech Zone
- Annual Security Report