If you are a credit-deficient junior or senior and have dropped out of school, we want you back!
Open Doors is a new Bates Technical High School re-engagement program funded through Washington’s 1418 Open Doors legislation.
The goal of the legislation is to assist districts with providing flexible and individualized educational opportunities for youth who have faced challenges being successful in traditional school environments.
The Open Doors program – provided within Bates Technical High School – is for students aged 16-21 who are credit deficient and provides flexible learning opportunities in a classroom or online.
A student may qualify for Open Doors if he/she is at least 16 years of age and is significantly credit deficient, as defined by one or more of the following:
- A student is more than 24 months away from their cohort graduation date and has earned less than 65 percent of expected high school credits;
- A student is between 12 and 24 months away from their cohort graduation date and has earned less than 70 percent of expected high school credits;
- A student is less than 12 months from cohort graduation date OR has passed their cohort graduation date by less than 12 months and has earned less than 75 percent of expected high school credits;
- A student has passed their cohort graduation date by 12 months or more and has never met graduation requirements;
- A student never attended the 9th grade and has no high school credits.
For more information, please contact Bates Technical High School at 253.680.7415 and ask to speak with an advisor.
|# of months from student cohort graduation date:||Expected high school
|Significantly credit deficient when the student has
earned less than:
|More than 24 months||6||3.9|
|Between 12 and 24 months||12||8.4|
|Less than 12 months||18||13.5|
|Passed cohort graduation date by less than 12 Months||24||18|
|More than 12 past cohort graduation date||24||Never met the District graduation requirements|
|Never attended 9thgrade||N/A||No high school credit|
For more information and to get on the list for our January start-up, please contact Bates Technical High School at (253) 680-7415 and ask to speak with an advisor.