Parents and family members are an important part of a student’s academic success. Bates is here to help you through every stage of the admission process, from attending an information session, to selecting a program, and finding out about financial resources. Be sure to bookmark this page and think of it as your one-stop landing for all the information you need to get started.
Why Choose Bates Technical College?
Finding the right college is daunting. There are so many choices and it is hard to tell one from the other. Bates Technical College is a Washington state public college and has been here for 75 years. We’re a respected leader in education, providing an affordable education.
- Small class sizes – Most classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Convenient locations – Three Tacoma campuses
- Hands-on teaching from industry experts – Our faculty have years of experience and students are taught in classes that mimic the workplace.
- Selection – Over 50 programs to choose from and options that include short term certificates all the way to earning an Associate of Applied Science degree.
Application Process and Deadlines
When should you apply? When do classes start? What are the deadlines for tuition? Use these helpful resources below to help your student keep on top of their education and dates and deadlines.
- Information Sessions – Are you ready to learn more about Bates? Attend an information session.
- Enrollment Process – Follow these steps to get started at Bates.
- Registration calendar – Find out when registration opens, when classes start and when tuition is due.
Paying for college is a huge concern for most families. Learn about the different options available, from financial aid to scholarships. Students and their families do not necessarily need to be considered low-income to qualify for some kinds of aid.
- How much will it cost? – Use our convenient net price calculator to estimate tuition and fees.
- Tuition and fees – Current tuition rates.
- Financial Aid office – Start here to learn about financial aid options.
- Bates Foundation Scholarships – Nearly $100,000 is given out in foundation scholarships to students each year. Applications are accepted quarterly.
We know you want your student to have fun and succeed in college. That’s why we offer a wide array of services, from the Tutoring Center and Library, to an active Associated Student Government and the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
- Student Resources – This is the landing site for all of the services provided to students.
- Associated Student Government – Find out about ASG, the Diversity Center and clubs and activities on campus.
- Books and Campus Store – Learn how to order your books, or pick up some Bates Bobcat apparel.
- Student Handbook (PDF)